**ENTRIES ARE OPEN FOR 2018**
WHO CAN ENTER Cause Film Festival?
Any cause can be entered and they will all be treated as equal. Mobile phone films are welcome.
Cause Film Festival accepts short films supporting a charity or cause. No political or propaganda films will be accepted.
Short Films: 1 min - 12 min
$30 per submission / $15 Submission for current film students
ENTRIES CLOSE: Sunday, 14 January 2018
TOP TEN FINALISTS ANNOUNCED: Monday, 22 January 2018
PUBLIC VOTING: 23 January to 6 March 2018
FESTIVAL NIGHT: Thursday, 8 March 2018
Why should I enter?
1: The films submitted will receive publicity through the process of online voting and at the official awards night.
2: After the festival filmmakers are free to publicise the videos as further promotion or donate it to their chosen charity.
3. Finalists and winners will receive media publicity though press releases that will be sent out by the festival.
4. Finalists will receive tickets to the Awards Night.
5. Great Prizes are up for grabs.
6. Invitation to publish your video on the festival website and social media pages.
DEADLINE: Midnight, 14 January 2018
Filmmakers must adhere to all of the following rules:
- Registration and film submittance must be completed by midnight 14 January 2018.
- Your film does not need to be made specifically for the Cause Film Festival and it can be past works.
- Your film must in some way address a charitable or worthy cause that will create awareness.
- Videos must be between 1 minute and 12 minutes in length.
- Mobile Phone recorded submissions are welcomed.
- Entry fee is $30 per entry or $15 for current film students.
- Please ensure you have read and signed off on all terms and conditions.
- All entrants will receive ONE complimentary ticket to the Awards Night.
- All finalists will receive TWO complimentary tickets to the Awards Night, and agree to on-sell at least FIVE more tickets.
Submitting Your Entry
Your entry will NOT be accepted if:
- Any of the above items are not included (including entry fee).
- Your film is not within the required duration requirements.
- You have not completed or only partially completed our online entry form.
- You have not agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- Your films contains themes of propaganda or political themes.
- Your film contains any defamatory or obscene material.
Video Format: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred.
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (letterboxed if necessary)
Resolution: 1920x1080 preferred
Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
Frames per second: 25
Next: Judging Criteria